The Foundation for Carson City Parks & Recreation was created to support the Carson City Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Department.
The Foundation is an umbrella organization created for charitable and educational purposes related to Carson City Parks and Recreation. We assist the Carson City (Nevada) Parks & Recreation Dept. with projects for improvements to the City’s parks. Currently, we are providing financial guidance and assistance to several non-501(c)(3) organizations that are raising funds to make improvements:
- Ladies Gun Club – Raising funds to make gate and restroom improvements at the gun range near Flint St.
- Disc Golf Group – This group is raising funds to create three 9-hole disc golf (frisbee golf) courses in the Flint St. area.
- Headstone Project – This group is raising funds to erect headstones on graves in Lone Mountain Cemetery over graves that are missing headstones.
- Tennis Club Project – This group is raising funds to maintain tennis facilities in Carson City Parks, particularly Centennial Park.
- The Junior Ranger Program– This a program started by the Carson City Parks and Recreation Department, Carson City Junior Rangers will have opportunities to explore our unique parks and open space areas while learning about nature, mapping, and wildlife.
We are looking for other projects where we can be of assistance.